Monday, August 3, 2009

Album Review: Bitte Orca, Artist: Dirty Projectors

This is the first and only album I have listened to by the Brooklyn-based group, Dirty Projectors. I was automatically intrigued when I heard "Stillness is the Move" (featured on Bitte Orca) on the radio a few weeks ago. I was amazed to hear the rest of the album was just as good as their radio hit. The type of music I would classify Dirty Projectors would be indie/experimental electronic. I like to also classify music by "dancability" and I would say this music deserves a "5" from 1-10, ten being the most dancable. The only reason I say a "5" is that half the tracks on the record are slower tempo, however "Stillness is the Move" is definately dancable.

As far as the artisitc quality I think Dirty Projectors has created a unique and refreshing album with wide ranging vocals. I have listened to the whole album several times and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment