Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Day After the Audition: Two thumbs up!

The audition went great. I wasn't the only one who decided to arrive early. A dozen of us flooded into the theatre upon its opening for the tryout. Another several dozen showed up thereafter. I was in thick competition; I could smell it. Before I knew it, I was chatting away with an old acquantiance who is big in the Minneapolis theatre industry...I should have known he would be there. By the end of the night I had been chatted up by half the room. I love theatre people. Not to mention, my co-actress whom I would be auditioning with was a "big deal". She was such a great actress that when we auditioned together, tears welled up in my eyes and I felt shivers from scalp down to my toes. I kid you not.

Regardless of the outcome, I had a ball. I got to act in front of an audience and I received some nice feedback from my auditioning counterpart. I have decided I am going to continue auditioning until I get cast in a play. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment