Friday, July 3, 2009

Gratitude Expression

Yesterday I got together with a long time friend of mine and as I was telling her something, all of a sudden she just blurts out: "I am so glad you are my friend and that you are in my life." Although gratitude is not uncommon for my friend to express, it was different this time because I realized that I was very grateful for her as well. We shared our thoughts on gratitude and I started thinking about all of the people in my life that I am thankful for. Even the passing strangers who can brighten a day with a smile or a genuine "How are you?". But most of all, the people in my life that made me who I am today. It is so easy to cruise through life and enjoy our friends and family. But to tell them that we enjoy them and that we are thankful for their presence can make such a difference in our relationships. The more we know we are appreciated, the more love we are able to feel for ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment