Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why I love kettlebells


Ah the kettlebell. A round ball of cast iron with a handle attached. How dangerous could it be?....VERY dangerous. Just kidding.

These little canon balls are the best work out since Yoga, and I'll tell you why. The workout is versatile and you can do it pretty much anywhere. That's right. In fact, I brought my bell to Quito, Ecuador with me. Truthfully, you only need to spend five minutes a day working out with the kettlebell.

As a kettlebell enthusiast and instructor, I have seen it all. What I mean is that if you're wondering who does kettlebells, it is a workout for everyone. I have trained with professional athletes and antarctic explorers. I have trained with fire fighters and grad students. I have trained with grandmas and grandchildren. It really is a workout for ANYONE.

I also hear a lot of excuses about why people CAN'T do kettlebells. I am beginning to really dislike that word, CAN'T. How about giving yourself a little credit for once? Anyone can come up with a million reasons not to do something. But if you say you want something, then shouldn't be just as easy to think of reasons to DO something? Just a little food for thought.

So, anyways, if you are interested in knowing more about kettlebells, check out this video that my mom is in! She is a kettlebellist too, and I have learned a lot from her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-97pH9eBfw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment